......................... Emeth Chapel Statement of Faith.........................
We believe the Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings. They constitute the only infallible guide in faith and practice.
- We believe in one God, the Creator of all things who is infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Father, He now is our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Triune God. He applies to man the work of Christ. By justification and adoption man is given a right standing before God; by regeneration, sanctification, and glorification, man's nature is renewed.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the Head. Only those who are thus members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership in the local church.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgement and everlasting conscious punishment.